Dee and I have come to love watching track meets. We have watched many in our time here, and find that the commentary in Serbo-croatian does little to detract from the joy of watching other people run from the comfort of our couches. We've even got our favorite and least favorite athletes who we routinely cheer. Last Friday as we were watching, disaster struck. We were watching the long jump, when out of nowhere, a javelin spears one of the jumpers in the back. We couldn't believe it. I mean, what are the odds? It was pretty surreal to see. Dee and I have oft debated the value of the javelin vs. the shot put. She claims that this kind of injury would never happen with the shot put. I still stand by my argument that in the wild the javelin would totally prevail. Either way, it was a major bummer for some long jumper. Major bummer for the guy who threw it as well. I mean, right after he speared some guy he had to keep throwing. Yikes.
For all of you doubters. . . more info can be found here:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/athletics/6898520.stm
1 comment:
They showed clips of this on Bosnian news last night. Ouch.
Post a Comment