Sunday, March 9, 2008

I knew it. . .

I should have known today wasn't going to go very well. Having a bad shift last night and losing an hour of sleep just wasn't enough, I guess. Today one of my clients ate something with strawberries in it, even though she knows she's allergic. (We all have our theories about why.) Of course this resulted in a swelling throat and a closing airway. . . causing a medical back-up, staff jabbing her with an epi-pen, and then ambulances flying in. Of course, within two minutes of this girl coming back to cottage, one of my staff made the ultra sensitive comment "I don't feel sorry for you - you brought this on yourself." Which while true, didn't help the situation. Of course this caused a 45 minute stand-off in which she was screaming (and I mean screaming) at the top of her lungs (you would never have known she had just gotten out of the hospital). She threatened all kinds of shenanigans before we were finally able to get her to a safe space. All of this excitement prevented me from getting any of my paperwork done and caused me to leave work much later than I should have or wanted to. Just what I need on my last weekend of the quarter with all my papers due.

1 comment:

erin said...

Ugh, sounds like a terrible 24 (or however long) hours! That sucks.