Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Before the Crack

I got up at my usual time this morning (6:30 am) and was faced with the age-old choice: get out of bed or hit the snooze. I thought about my average snoozing time, and realized just how much I could get done every morning if I just rolled out of bed. Feeling inspired, I turned off the alarm, got up, and went for a run around my neighborhood. I can't believe how dark and cold it was! There was not even a hint of a rising sun anywhere. I can't say this experience will cause me to shorten my snooze time in the long run.

Last night I was going to attend the High-Heel Drag Race (exactly what it sounds like), an annual event in DC. However, "visible smoke" spotted on the red line metro prevented me getting there. Bummer.

2 comments:

Chimpsea said...

Man I'm jealous of your run this morning :) I'd have to get up at 5 to fit one in, and I'm just not that dedicated.

Can I get your email address? And yours? You can send them to me... do you have mine?

Your baked goods look delicious as well. And how's the bamboo doing?

Chimpsea said...

Um I sound odd asking for your email address twice. I meant to ask for your mom's at some point.