Monday, July 26, 2010

Mod Weekend 2010

It's that time again. Time for muumuus, crazy costumes, war stories, and laughing till we cry or worse. This past weekend was mod reunion weekend.

Always a must, this weekend included some very tasty eats. Contrary to years past and the lure of chipotle, we did a lot of cooking. We made some bierrocks and semmel. So good.


We also had to cruise in Jon and Em's latest acquisition. We may have given them a little static about the fulfillment of this mod prediction and it's implication on our own ages. But after one ride, we were all forced to acknowledges its roominess and functionality. I guess the joke is on us.

Finding time between meals is always a challenge, but we also made it outside to play some bocce ball. This is one of many hotly debated tosses. We were all pretty good with the system of measuring by flip flop, but Em kept insisting that something related to triangles and math would be more efficient. Of course, you can't really be outside that long in Kansas summer heat without also needing some ice cream.

One of the best parts of this mod weekend was meeting baby Ella. She is so precious, and already a kindred spirit. Look how excited she was to wear the mullet and a muumuu. Of course we had to initiate her into the mod. And she definitely looks better in a pink flamingo than I do.

2 comments:

erin said...

Excellent and hilarious recap. I am going to be lazy and link to it from my blog (also because I never once got out my camera this weekend -- let's hear it for picasa!).

I absolutely cannot make out what is in your picture of the home state. To me, it looks like Stonehenge, but I have distinct memories of seeing that in the UK.

Jana Banana said...

Tine--I LOVE your blog!! I've followed for a while now, I'll be better about leaving comments! :) I really like the flamingo hat on that cute baby--looks like a great time! :)