Two things have changed around my place: I FINALLY finished painting my
interior doors and I got a new deck. I had been working on painting my
doors forever. From the time I initially washed and sanded them to
putting on the final coat of paint was longer than I care to admit, and
quite a bit more than the "weekend project" I initially envisioned.
Nothing was wrong with them, I just thought they looked a little
yellowed and dingy.
 |
| One done, one to go. |
I took my bedroom door and bathroom door off the hinges to paint. Not having a bathroom door can be a little awkward. Whenever I had a guest and someone had to use the facilities, the other person would wait outside on the deck. That was the quickest door to get painted. To paint the room doors, I took them off the hinges and made a makeshift workspace using four 1 gallon buckets. I recommend this for any other urban painters without much room.
 |
| Looks like Dexter has been here... |
My deck gets a lot of shade and a lot of rain. This combination equals mold. I think the old deck had put in 20+ years of service, which was pretty incredible. However, it was time for it to go. It's not quite the Nebraska back yard I'm used to, but I'll take it. I really enjoy working and reading out here with a cup of hot tea. This is also my access to my pseudo pets. There are three neighbor cats that are always out and about. Henry and I have named them Fancy Cat, Saucers, and the Old Gray Mare. When I'm sitting on the deck they often come over for a scratch, and almost always try to run into my condo. They provide entertainment without any responsibility, which makes them the perfect pseudo pets in my opinion.
 |
| deck! |
2 comments:
The doors look great, so fresh! You're not alone in projects that get pushed aside and stretched out longer than initially thought.
Your deck looks perfect for reading and multiple cups of coffee. Happy fall! :)
Everything looks fabulous! No one will be falling through that deck any time soon!
Post a Comment