Sunday, July 29, 2007

Sign of the Cross to You

Given recent events, I have come to the conclusion that no traveler has ever experienced as much hassle as I have. Here's an overview of what I've overcome this summer:

1) I got a hole in my shoe - had to be replaced

2) The bag I bought specifically for this trip ripped right through the handle - had to be replaced.

3) Due to an unforseen national replacement, my debit card became invalid - had to be replaced.

4) After a summer of having it repeatedly rejected, spending over $50 on phone calls, and being told 5 times that my credit card should work as my account is clear, I finally am told that there are sanctions against Bosnia that will prevent my credit card from ever working in this country. Wish they would have told me that the first 4 times I called. No replacement options available.

5) My passport was invalidated - had to be replaced.

Yikes - during the time at which I had no access to money and no valid passport I really questioned whether I would ever be allowed to leave. However, I am confident - not that everything else will go smoothly; but that I will eventually get there.

2 comments:

erin said...

looks like you won't get to wake up with whoopi anymore. unless, of course, you wake up at 10 (or whatever time it comes on in your zone). http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/08/01/view.whoopi/index.html

Maria said...

I feel no closure with your blog. It's like you're still in BL, when I know darn well you're in Split.