So, now that I actually have my passport I can relate the horrendous adventure of getting it. The passport office is so backed up I did not get mine until the day before I left Colorado. It was quite nerve racking. I had called and talked to someone the week before. She told me that they had moved up my departure date and put a rush on it. I was supposed to get it Tuesday or Wednesday in the mail. So when I didn't have it Wednesday and was planning on leaving Friday, I was quite nervous. I went into the office, cried to the security guards, and got in without an appointment. They told me that the main passport office hadn't even started processing my passport, despite my rush and moved departure date. So. . . I had to completely reapply. I had to go get new pictures, fill out a new application, and wait some more. But, finally I got it - complete with a huge bald eagle, flag, and reprinting of the beginning of the constitution. While the entire process seemed completely frustrating and ridiculous, the security guards were very nice and sympathetic and deserve some props.
I spent last night with the generous family of my friend and traveling compainion Maria. We are leaving for the airport in three hours. Given that I just mailed off my final assignment, I don't think my level of preparation could be higher. The weather in Sarajevo were we land is supposed to be about 69 degrees tomorrow.
1 comment:
Wow, the passport package has really increased! I mean, you got a bald eagle? Sweet! Wait, isn't possession of a bald eagle illegal? Illegal Eagle. I'm really glad this dumb comment of mine is out there on the www for anyone to read.
Post a Comment